How about designing a poster to present at the Poster Session we’d like to run this year? It provides the opportunity to showcase the skills, experience and expertise of ARLIS members and for everyone to discuss new ideas.
When’s it running?
Thursday 17 July from 12:30 until 14:30.
Posters will be available to view during the lunch break and presenters should be on hand for most of the session to answer questions.
If you are interested please contact Gill Evans at (email@example.com) at Coventry University for more information before Friday May 31st.
Please note that posters can only be displayed by Conference delegates.
Poster Session GuidelinesThe Conference Working Party wishes to give registered delegates an opportunity toparticipate more fully in the Conference by offering the chance to present a poster on their chosen topic. It is hoped the poster session will act as a showcase for the professional interests, skills and expertise of ARLIS members and provide the opportunity for everyone to discuss the ideas and experience on display.
• The session will run on Thurs 17 July 12:30 until 14:30 in the Barnes Wallis Room.
• Posters should relate to projects, research or activities that you are involved in, either individually or as part of a group, which will be of interest to ARLIS members
• A display board measuring 2.1m high x 1.2m wide will be provided (takes up to A0
poster size and requires Velcro stickers for display)
• Posters need to be colourful and eye-catching. They should be clearly readable from a distance of two metres
• Posters should not be downloaded web pages or PowerPoint presentations
• Posters can be accompanied by explanatory handouts, but we cannot accommodate any further free-standing displays beside your display board
• Contributors should be on hand to answer questions throughout the session
Those intending to attend the Conference and wishing to present a poster are invited to submit the application form together with a brief description of not more than 200 words.
Applications must be received by 31 May 2014 and the Conference Working Party will make its decision known by 15 June 2014.
We all know that ARLIS members are involved in a wide variety of exciting projects and activities and this is your chance to tell everyone about them. Participation will be something to add to your CV and as evidence of continuing professional development for CILIP Chartership or revalidation purposes. All contributors will be presented with a certificate.
The Conference Working Party is looking forward to hearing from you!